Chicago, May 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – According to the latest Arizton research report, the Canadian data center market will grow at a CAGR of 8.9% over the forecast period. The growing demand for smart devices, the demand for analytics, the adoption of the cloud, and the growth of wireless networking technologies have led several Canadian-based organizations to invest in Big Data and IoT technology.
Canada is also a thriving market for cryptocurrency mining. The huge demand for cryptocurrency data centers has driven the development of data centers with high-performance computing infrastructure. Cryptocurrency mining involves building data centers, placing spaces, and increasing mining on cloud platforms.
Scope of the Canada Data Center Market Report
|MARKET SIZE (INVESTMENT)||$ 6 billion (2027)|
|MARKET SIZE (AREA)||0.91 million square meters Ft|
|MARKET SIZE (POWER CAPACITY)||165 MW (2027)|
|SIZE MARKET SIZE (INCOME)||$ 1.7 million (2027)|
Click here to download the free sample report
Toronto and Montreal are the leading data centers in Canada. Other major cities such as Calgary and Kamloops also receive investments from eStruxture Data Centers and Equinix.
Canada has witnessed steady growth in the adoption and penetration of cloud computing services in recent years. Public cloud revenue is expected to exceed $ 15 billion by 2027. SaaS will be the largest revenue generator in 2022 and is expected to generate about $ 6 billion in the coming years. The COVID-19 pandemic has been a major contributor to cloud adoption in Canada, adopting both public and private companies.
- Canada is one of the established data center markets in North America due to low electricity prices, the availability of land and renewable energy, and government support for data center development, such as data protection laws and the tax credits.
- In 2021, data center operators such as Equinix, Digital Realty, Vantage Data Centers, Cologix and eStruxture Data Centers will invest in Canada. Many of these companies are also planning additional investments during the planned period.
- The Canadian market is also witnessing investments from new entrants, such as Enovum Data Centers, QScale, STACK Infrastructure and Eastlink, which will further expand the data center market in Canada.
- CDNs and cloud companies along with the manufacturing, government, BFSI and healthcare sectors will continue to help market growth.
- Canada is a treasure trove of renewable energy, with a myriad of options available, including onshore and offshore wind power, biomass and solar power to power facilities. The country also offers one of the lowest industrial energy costs in the world.
Increased adoption of hybrid and All-flash arrays
Canada’s data center market will witness a major adoption of hybrid storage devices that include high-capacity HDDs and high-performance SSDs. For example, in Canada, most organizations are investing in the implementation of the hybrid cloud model. The adoption of NVMe Flash devices in hyperscale and cloud-based data centers is expected to have a significant impact on the market over the forecast period.
- Storage systems
- Network infrastructure
- UPS systems
- Switches and transfer devices
- Other electrical infrastructure
- Cooling systems
- Rack cabinets
- Other Mechanical Infrastructures
- Building development
- Installation and commissioning services
- Building design
- Fire detection and extinction
- Physical Security
- Data center infrastructure
- Level I and Level II
- Level III
- Level IV
- The growing adoption of cloud-based services is helping the growth of retail and wholesale placement services in the market. The market is witnessing an increase in demand for placement space in existing and nearby data centers.
- Data center investors are adopting mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures to expand their footprint in Canada. For example, the joint venture of AVAIO Digital Partners with Adam Real Estate and Scalelogix with CIM Group, for the development of hyperscale data centers in Canada.
IT infrastructure providers
- Arista Networks
- Cisco Systems
- Dell Technologies
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Huawei Technologies
- Juniper Networks
Data center construction contractors and subcontractors
- Black & Veatch
- Computer Room Services Corporation (CRSC)
- Construction DPR
- First Gulf
- Coal Engineering
- Regards Critical Mission
- Turner Construction
- WZMH Architects
Support for infrastructure providers
- Alfa Laval
- Arctic Chiller Group
- Chatsworth Products
- CoolIT systems
- Data probe
- Delta Electronics
- Generac Power Systems
- Johnson Control
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Piller Power Systems
- Schneider Electric
Data center investments
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Compass Data Centers
- Digital reality
- EStruxture Data Centers
- Solutions for Urbacon data centers
- Vantage Data Centers
- Enovum Data Centers
- STACK Infrastructure
- Intermarket properties
- Gatineau Data Center (GDH)
Explore our data center knowledge base profile to learn more about the industry.
Click here to download the free sample report
Read some of the best-selling reports:
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality company that provides cutting-edge research solutions to clients around the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reporting and advisory and consulting services.
We provide comprehensive market research reports on industries such as consumer goods and retail technology, automotive and mobility, smart technology, health and life sciences, industrial machinery, chemicals and materials, IT and media, logistics and packaging. These reports contain detailed analysis of industry, market size, share, growth engines, and trend forecasts.
Arizton is made up of a team of lush, experienced analysts who have mastered the generation of incisive reporting. Our expert analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques and ethics to surpass the results in compiling impregnable research reports.
Click here to contact us
+1 302 469 0707